- Book an exclusive group visit to the house on Wednesday or Thursday.
- All tours of the house are guided by our very enthusiastic and informative guides, a tour takes approximately one hour.
- Minimum group size is 16 and currently the maximum group size is 24.
- We only accept one group booking to the house each day giving complete flexibility and plenty of time to enjoy the house and gardens.
- Garden only groups and painting groups in the garden are welcome.
- Guided tours of the garden can be booked at an extra cost of £3.00 per person (minimum charge £30).
- Godinton is an RHS partner garden and a member of Historic House Association Friends Scheme, but we do not offer discounted entry for booked groups.
- The group organiser and coach driver have free entry.
- All groups must book in advance.
We offer morning coffee, light lunches, afternoon tea, as well as a variety of homemade cakes and cream teas.
|Current Prices||Cost per Head|
|Morning Coffee and Biscuits||£3.00|
|Afternoon Tea and Cakes||£5.00|
|Savoury Scone Tea, Cheese scone, Chutney, Butter, Cheese||£5.75|
|Bap (Cheese, Ham) with Chutney and Salad||£7.00|
|Ploughman’s Lunch (Cheese, Ham or Pate)||£9.00|
Parking – if arriving by car, please follow the signs to the main car park where there are a number of marked parking bays for visitors with disabilities. From here a short, wide gravel track leads to the Ticket Office and accessible toilet.
Coach parking is in the main visitor car park approximately 100m away from the Ticket Office and 200m from the house entrance.
Wheelchairs – none available on site.
Assistance Dogs are welcome with the relevant paperwork, but we regret that no other dogs are permitted.
Toilets – there is an accessible toilet situated with the public toilets near the ticket office and car park. Please note there are no accessible toilets in the house.
Gardens – from the ticket office gravel paths lead around the garden, with grass paths through the wild garden avoiding steps to the lower level. The gardens are accessible to wheelchairs and mobility scooters, and there are a number of benches in various locations throughout the gardens. Link to map.
House & Tearoom – the ground floor rooms and Tearoom are accessible for wheelchair users and mobility scooters with wide doorways and level thresholds. There is one step on the ground floor with no handrail due to the historic nature of the building. Staff will provide a ramp for use as necessary. A wide staircase with shallow steps and a handrail accesses the first-floor showrooms; regrettably, these rooms are inaccessible for wheelchair users.
Seating is available in each room if needed.
There is a height restriction of 10ft 6ins on the main gates. All coaches need to enter via West Lodge. To reach this access, continue past the main entrance along Godinton Lane for approximately ¾ of a mile and take the first turning on the left marked Godinton Private Drive. A map will be sent to you with your booking confirmation.
Follow the coach parking signs.
Chapel Down Winery
Why not make a day of it and combine your visit with a tour and wine tasting at Chapel Down Winery? Start the day at Godinton with morning coffee, followed by a tour of the house and time to explore the beautiful gardens.
After an optional lunch, travel to Chapel Down Winery (approx. 10 miles) and enjoy a guided tour of the vineyard and winery followed by wine tasting at the Food and Wine store.
For further details and to check availability contact Rachael Fagg on 01233 643854, or alternatively please enquire below for full details and prices;