Group VisitsPrivate tours of the house available Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Special offer for 2018 garden groups. Garden entry, tea/coffee with homemade cake in stables tearoom £6.00 per person. Monday to Thursday during September. Booking essential.
- Book an exclusive group visit to the house Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm.
- All tours of the house are guided by our very enthusiastic and informative guides, a tour takes approximately one hour.
- Maximum group size is 53, minimum size 12.
- We only accept one group booking to the house each day giving complete flexibility and plenty of time to enjoy the house and gardens.
- Garden only groups and painting groups in the garden are welcome.
- Guided Tours of the garden can booked at an extra cost of £3.00 per person (minimum charge £30).
- Godinton is an RHS partner garden and a member of Historic House Association Friends Scheme but we do not offer discounted entry for booked groups.
- The group organiser and coach driver have free entry.
- All groups must book in advance.
We offer morning coffee, light lunches, afternoon tea, as well as a variety of homemade cakes and cream teas. The Tearoom comfortably seats 53 guests.
|Current Prices||Cost per Head|
|Morning Coffee and Biscuits||£2.50|
|Afternoon Tea and Cakes||£4.50|
|Tea/Coffee with Flapjacks and Brownies||£3.50|
|Lunch Prices (includes tea/coffee)||Cost per Head|
|Bap (Cheese, Ham) with Chutney and Salad||£7.00|
|Ploughman’s Lunch (Cheese, Ham or Pate)||£9.00|
The ground floor rooms and Tearoom are accessible for wheelchair users. Two staircases, one of which is quite steep, access the first floor show rooms; regrettably these rooms are inaccessible for wheelchair users.
Disabled toilets are situated with the public toilets outside the house near the car park.There are limited toilet facilities in the house but these are not suitable for wheelchairs.
Seats available in each room if needed.
The gardens are accessible to wheelchairs and there are a number of benches throughout the gardens.
Please contact us to discuss individual needs prior to your visit.
There is a height restriction of 10ft 6ins on the main gates. All coaches need to enter via West Lodge. To reach this access, continue past the main entrance along Godinton Lane for approximately ¾ of a mile and take the first turning on the left marked Godinton Private Drive. A map will be sent to you with your booking confirmation.
Follow the coach parking signs.
Doddington Place Gardens
Start the day with coffee and cookies at Doddington Place Gardens near Sittingbourne, followed by a leisurely walk around the beautiful, tranquil gardens.
Arrive at Godinton after lunch for a guided tour of the house, afternoon tea in the splendid Tearoom with delicious homemade cakes and time to enjoy the 12 acres of stunning gardens.
Guided tours of both gardens are available on request.
Chapel Down Winery
Why not make a day of it and combine your visit with a tour and wine tasting at Chapel Down Winery? Start the day at Godinton with morning coffee, followed by a tour of the house and time to explore the beautiful gardens.
After an optional lunch travel the short distance to Chapel Down Winery and enjoy a guided tour of the vineyard and winery followed by wine tasting at the Food and Wine store. Complete your day with afternoon tea.
For further details and to check availability contact Rachael Fagg on 01233 643854, or alternatively please enquire below for full details and prices;